Sunday, November 23, 2008

Phish Philms -- 11/16/96

Apparently there is a serious amount of Phish concert footage swimming around YouTube these days. I was cruising through a few of the clips and really enjoyed listening to this one which features Suzy Greenberg (with La Grange and Axilla teases) and an acapella Amazing Grace from 11/16/96 in Omaha, NE. The jams inside of Suzy (play it Leo!) remind me of the why this band commanded my attention back in those days (my second show was one day earlier in St. Louis). I sure hope the guys sound this good in March.



11-16-96 Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE

1: Poor Heart, Down With Disease, Guyute, Gumbo, Rift, Free, The Old Home Place, David Bowie, Lawn Boy, Sparkle, Frankenstein

2: La Grange, Runaway Jim, Kung*, Catapult, Axilla#, Harry Hood#, Suzie Greenberg**, Amazing Grace

E: We're an American Band^

No comments: