Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Etta James: Take It To the Limit

I've been working my ass off these past couple weeks and it hasn't let up yet. To keep me sane, I've been listening to a ton of Pandora. On a daily basis, I get to hear a few gems that I'd never heard before. One of the most recent is Etta James' soulful cover of the Eagles' "Take It To The Limit". The "At Last" singer recorded this song on her 1978 "comeback album" titled Deep In the Night. On this album, she also covers Alice Cooper's "Only Women Bleed," and "Piece of My Heart." Most recently, in 2006, at 68, Etta reached #10 on the US R&B chart with her album All The Way that features her takes on "Imagine," "I Believe I Can Fly," "It's A Man's Man's Man's World," "Purple Rain," and "What's Going On."

Take a listen to Etta James' live performance of "Take It To The Limit"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't checked out the sight in a while. Glad to be back. Loved that cover, she is like a female Bob Seeger. - EK