Sunday, March 16, 2008

Found Lost


I like to find new things on my own. I have a hard time following Entertainment Weekly's recommendations to the movie theater or Spin Magazine's new favorite to, well I don't buy music. But, my point is, I don't like being told what's good or not. I like to find it on my own.

Enter television show extraordinaire: Lost. Season after season, with friends and coworkers continually preaching about the power of the show, I ignored the hype. For when hype is that loud, I don't want to be just one of the flock. So I wait. And wait. Until the hype blows over and I'm left to my own devices. And left alone, I have been.

For the last week, every 41 minutes and 27 seconds, I get up off my sofa, and execute the next episode. I can't help it. I just don't know what will happen if I stop (if you get that, you know exactly where I'm coming from).

I have polished off the entire first season and I have gotten through 16 episodes in Season 2. In a week. This, my friends, is not just a tv show. It is an epic 60+ hour marathon of hope, determination, sheer will, and Evangeline Lilly running through the jungle...sometimes even in a rainstorm which doesn't hurt either. I haven't shaved, I'm living off of the food in my apartment, and I'm starting to light fires to stay warm. Well...the last part isn't true. And I don't have to hunt for my dinner since there is delivery. But, I'm surviving on Lost solely and never want the DVDs to end. Only problem is...who can I get to deliver Season 3?!?

1 comment:

steb3 said...

I totally agree with you. A great premise and an even greater storyline to keep you coming back for more.

Remember 4 8 15 16 23 42???

Have fun and welcome to the club.

Dan