Friday, January 18, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

We all have them. Those songs that come on the radio when you're alone in your car, that draw a smile across your face, that compel you to crank up the volume, sing at the top of your lungs, and tap along on the steering like you were Phil Collins himself! And if that same song came on while anyone else was in the car, you would skip past it immediately, shrugging it off as one of those songs that you can't believe was actually popular at one time. They're called guilty pleasures, and music blog Rock Revivial has challenged us and a few other sites to match their list of their own Top 20 Guilty Pleasures. And when a music blogging Aussie asks you to create a Top 20 list, you create a Top 20 list. And you make sure it has at least one Australian band on it.

So I've spent the last hour or so scouring my library in iTunes and the tracks saved to my XM Pioneer Inno for the ones that I both would hardly ever admit to owning AND truly enjoy at the same time. You know the old saying that "one man's trash is another man's pleasure." Well, that certainly applies to music. So you can call the songs on my list crap all you like. I'm keeping them anyway.

And with my selections, I am actually going to raise the ante on the other responders and include them here for your(my) listening pleasure, with an imeem playlist:



Hopefully, this has inspired you to come up with your own list of guilty pleasures. Feel free to submit them to us. I have to admit, its was kind of liberating to do this (I hope I don't regret it later). Thanks to Rock Revival for the idea. And check out the lists from the other blogs that have posted theirs so far:

Rock Revival
Layla's Classic Rock Faves
Rock Of Ages

The formation of this list of guilty pleasures does not reflect the thoughts and views of the other contributors to this site and should not be used against them in a court of law.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I LOVE Hall and Oates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a great blog here, I will add you to my links!

Very fun songs!

Bill said...

What's starting to worry me now is the amount of songs people are coming up with that I don't consider guilty pleasures! "Blaze Of Glory" has always been a favourite of mine for instance!