Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ryan Adams Talks of Addictions

Why is it that the most talented ones are the most vulnerable to drugs? Here's to hoping that creative genius Ryan Adams doesn't become a headline in the vein of Elliot Smith and Shannon Hoon.

The singer, who is set to release his new album 'Easy Tiger' on June 25, has said that he was regularly taking a combination of lethal drugs before he got clean last year.

He said: "I snorted heroin a lot - with coke. I did speedballs every day for years. And took pills. And then drank. And I don't mean a little bit. I always outdid everybody...It's a miracle I did not die.

"I was running the risk of becoming one of those people who talks to himself all the time. I was about to walk over this line that there was no coming back from, and I could feel it. I was seeing ghosts and hearing stuff. Having horrible nightmares.

"I was creating as much distance from people as possible so that, in the event that something terrible happened, it wouldn't hurt them."

Adams did not enter a rehab facility - instead he went cold turkey and now occasionally attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, reports New York Times.

Source: NME

No comments: