Monday, June 11, 2007

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue...


I'm not going to waste everyone's time editorializing last night's episode. After all, it doesn't really matter what I think -- it's over. Nonetheless, few will argue that The Sopranos was perhaps the greatest television drama EVER. It changed our attitudes, exploited our biases, altered our speech, and kept us wanting more. To that end, I'm having a hard time picturing life without it. So, I thought I'd mention a few things that kept me entertained over the past eight years. Feel free to mention yours.

The Soprano house, Paulie's cancer references, Sil's taste in suits, watching AJ grow from an immature child into an immature adult, Artie Bucco, Tony eating prosciutto, the opening music, the closing music, Corrado's glasses, Bobby's train fetish, drug use, Johnnycakes, Vinnie Delpino -- i mean, Benny Fazio, tracksuits, subtle NYC references, AJ crying, SUVs, Paulie's mother, malapropisms, dream sequences, rearranging my entire Sunday plans to ensure I'd be home at 9:00, The Stugats, nude mistresses, Cleaver, Adriana in her underwear, the Bing, gnocchi, Christopher and Paulie stuck in the woods together, the fact that Carmela reminds me of my own mother, profanity, the wads of cash, Dr. Melfi's office, Ginny Sacrimoni jokes, the way Paulie says "Chrissy," the way Sil says "T," waste management, timing my dinner delivery to arrive at 8:50, not wanting last night's episode to end, and of course, Tony.

So, if anyone wants to grab a drink next Sunday night, I'm around...

2 comments:

WeightStaff said...

I love it.

But you forgot italian dishes: marigot, rigot, and gabagool!

RL

Destro said...

You forgot the best episode in the entire show ... Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood episode #27 from Season 3, where most of the show follows from the point of view of the feds trying to take Tony down. Amazing insight into how difficult it is to catch the real criminals.