Saturday, May 12, 2007

Peaceful Easy Feeling

I was born to live in New York City. The music scene, culture, fast-paced action, Wall Street..all of the cliches about living here...I wanted it. Too expensive? Who cares! Live in a one room studio where you can eat in the kitchen and have one foot on the bed? Sounds great!

But damn if I don't want a desert sunset once in a freakin while. Is that too much to ask? Concrete jungle is right. I'll take NYC 310 days out of the year. But every damn time I hear the Eagles, I want to drop my briefcase and my post-ironic,dirty t-shirts and pick up a western shirt and cowboy boots Ryan Adams-style and head out west.
Well, I'm standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord,
in a flatbed Ford
slowin' down to take a look at me

Where is this Winslow, Arizona? F*ck it, I'm goin. The only girls I figure I would see in a flatbed Ford in the Northeast would probably have less teeth than I can count on one hand. But the ones in Winslow, they are probably smoking hot. Kind of like Christie Brinkley in Vacation, except forget the Ferrari. She's rockin' the truck in this part of town.
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy
Thanks, Eagles. Great advice! I figure getting out to AZ is the easy part. Getting my hair into the Henley 'fro may be a bit trickier...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Jackson Browne wrote the song...

Anonymous said...

Actually, it was written by Jackson Browne AND Glenn Frey.

WeightStaff said...

Looks like Tony has the same idea as me about getting out to the desert (from last night's Sopranos). Not sure I can handle the peyote these days though...

RL, Weightstaff

Anonymous said...

Ok, but its still not the Eagles! LOL!