Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Zimmers - "My Generation"

To the creators of this video....well done mates. This is great.


"My Generation" is a novelty. Not far afield from the jokes that used to cross the Net transom back in the nineties. But the mania, the rabidity with which this story has spread, is utterly fascinating.

Sometime in the last week I started getting links. Today I must have gotten five. And I’ve yet to see a story in the straight press, yet to see a story on TV. And aren’t those the media that break stories? Isn’t it about massaging gatekeepers to get them to say yes, to get your story out?

Not anymore. Now you can bypass the entire system, and go straight to the public, your target audience. And if what you’re purveying is interesting, that audience will do all your marketing for you."
Read Bob Lefsetz's entire analysis of this video and its significance.

No comments: