Thursday, March 1, 2007

From the Grammy Archives

I can't believe this performance pairing Elton John with Eminem is now six years old. Is this the last relevant thing to happen at that awards show? "Stan" was one of my favorite songs of 2001 and holds up as one of my favorites of all time.

From a CNN article released before the performance:

"The duet, rumoured for weeks, was confirmed by John in an interview in Saturday's edition of the Los Angeles Times. John said Eminem came up with the idea. "I'm a big fan of his music, and I said I would be delighted to," the British superstar told the Times. "I know I'm going to get a lot of flak from various people who are going to picket the show. If I thought for one minute that he was (hateful), I wouldn't do it," he said."

Do you remember where you were when you watched this?

Eminem ft. Elton John
Stan
February 21, 2001


No comments: