Sunday, February 4, 2007

Purple Rain

I was going to write my own post about how impressed I was with Prince's Superbowl halftime show, but my man Bob Lefsetz, of the Lefsetz Letter, beat me to it. I just got home from watching the Superbowl with some friends and Bob had already sent out his thoughts on how flawlessly the Purple One executed his show on the world's biggest stage. I figured he'd be too flustered by the downpour to pull off much of anything . . . but I was so wrong.

The following is an excerpt from Bob's review:
But today we learned . . . that NOTHING compares with music. No sport, no video game. There IS no competition for the entertainment dollar when music is done right. It hasn’t been done right in a long time. But it was done right tonight. The choice of material, the turquoise outfit, even down to the shoes, and the orange shirt. The ripping guitar solos. The vocals. It was the complete package.

Take a look at Mr. Lefsetz's full review

No comments: