Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Still Running . . .

Rock n' roll hall-of-famer Bob Seger and his Silver Bullet Band are playing the Verizon Center in Washington DC tomorrow night, and I'm not going. This is a decision I will most certainly come to regret. I just know it. Bob had never been on my 'must see live' list [the list that continues to shrink rather than grow as I have crossed off many many names from it]. It wasn't until word came of his first tour in ten years that I even thought about the possibility of seeing a Bob Seger concert. But I was immediately attracted to the idea. "Night Moves", "Against the Wind", "Turn The Page", "Still the Same", "Mainstreet" --- all classic rock...classics....of rock. Did I mention "Like a Rock" or "Rock N' Roll Never Forgets" or "K-K-K-Katmandu"? My god...this guy was a hit factory!! So I may not be in the Phone Booth tomorrow night rocking out to "Old Time Rock N' Roll" but many lucky people will be, and I'm jealous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seger sux.

Anonymous said...

Who dare criticize the great B-Seger? One of the more modest and underrated songwriters of the last 30+ years-- give this guy some respect!

Anonymous said...

Business Cash Advance Loans For Small amp Medium Businesses As a matter of. Cash Advance39s loans in NC ruled illegal - News at PLIWatch.